Home > Learning > Departments > Science
- To enthuse and nurture all students in scientific literacy to help them make informed decisions and take responsible actions in their daily lives.
- To provide strong science foundations for students to innovate and pursue STEM for future learning and work.
Lower Sec Programme
- To cultivate students’ appreciation of Science.
- To stimulate students’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Science and matters relating to science and technology as well as developing their care for the environment.
- To provide students with a firm foundation of unifying ideas at lower secondary across all three Sciences before they specialise at higher levels of learning.
Upper Sec Programme
- To develop students’ scientific skills in everyday life e.g. observing trends and patterns and analyzing data from media reports.
- To engage students in meaningful scientific discourse with others e.g. social and moral issues related to advances in science.
- To build learning experiences that will stretch thinking and promote interconnectedness and develop independent thinking.
- KC enrichment workshops
- Lab internship with external organisations
Updated: 5 October 2020