Home > Learning > Departments > Design & Technology
Design & Technology
Design & Technology (D&T) education in KC aims to nurture in our students a way of thinking and doing – designerly dispositions which are inherent in design practices – through designing and making. The designerly dispositions are defined as:
- Embracing uncertainties and complexities.
- Being cognisant of and resolving real-world, ill-defined problems.
- Having a relentless drive to seek out how things work.
- Engaging the use of doodling and sketching, and 3D manipulation of resistant materials as a language for visualisation, communication and presentation.
Lower Sec Programme
Our lower secondary D&T programme emphasises the following:
- Thinking through sketching to generate and to develop design solutions.
- Exploration and experimentation of ideas through mock-ups to allow students to seek a practical and appropriate design solutions.
- The making of prototypes as a cognitive and hands-on endeavour.
- Design Thinking