Alumni Homecoming Day
KC celebrated its first ever Homecoming for alumni, family and friends on Saturday 18 November from 4pm to 8pm. It saw a fantastic turnout of almost 2000 guests and alumni, some of whom queued for almost an hour to buy a ticket to see the new school campus, catch up with former teachers and classmates and reminisce in the revamped yet familiar school setting.
Guests were treated to an interesting array of activities and events at various new venues of the school throughout the four hours:
- Performances by the Concert Band, Dance and Chinese Orchestra in the Multi-Purpose Hall, Dramatic Arts Society in the Foyer, Choir in the Library, Drama Elective Programme students and Chinese Drama in the Black Box,
- Friendly sports showdowns between current students and alumni in Floorball in the Indoor Sports Hall and Netball in the Netball courts,
- Cooking sessions at the Community Garden,
- Art exhibition and demonstration in the Upper Foyer,
- Debate Friendlies in the Library,
- Food and Craft Bazaar in the Canteen (e.g. Old Chang Kee and Coffee Bandits food trucks, stalls selling a variety of snacks, savoury and sweet foods, handmade crafts and home-grown salads and plants by alumni and the Parent Support Group),
- Photo-taking in the Music Room and
- Song dedications in the Canteen.
The event also marked the opening of the KC Heritage Gallery which showcases the school’s history and development over the years and houses interesting artefacts during each era. Many alumni who viewed the gallery felt a deep sense of pride and nostalgia reading the various information panels and looking at the old school artefacts and photographs. It was a wonderful trip down memory lane for all who visited!
The #KCisHome event turned out to be a lively and joyous afternoon filled with laughter, smiles and hugs as alumni of different years (from recent graduates to those who graduated as early as the 1960s!) returned with friends and family to the place they once called home.
Together as one big KC family, we all successfully celebrated our past, embraced the present and looked to a future of possibilities for KC!
A big thank you to all parents and alumni who contributed to this event in one way or another. We deeply appreciate your generosity and help and we could not have made this Homecoming a success without you.